Cybersecurity Panel at GrowthCon17
Rudolf Scharping, born in 1947, from 1975 until 2005 served on important political positions, such as President of the Party of European Socialists, Party Chairman and Parliament Party Leader of the German Social Democratic Party, Minister-President of Rhineland-Palatinate and Federal Minister of Defence.
From 2004 until 2006 Rudolf Scharping taught „International Politics“ as Professor at The Fletcher School, Tufts University Medford/USA.
In 2003 he founded the “Rudolf Scharping Strategie Beratung Kommunikation AG” (RSBK), a strategy development company focussed in the international area on China and in Germany with a focus on the public sector cooperation with private companies.
Functions in Parliament and Government
- October 1994 – October 2005 Member of the German Bundestag
- October 1998 – July 2002 Federal Minister of Defence
- November 1994 – October 1998 Chairman of the Social Democratic parliamentary group in the Bundestag
- May 1991 – November 1994 Minister-President of Rhineland-Palatinate
- May 1975 – November 1994 Member of the Rhineland-Palatinate Land
Political posts in the Social Democracy
- November 1995 – November 2003 Deputy Chairman of the Social Democratic
- June 1993 – November 1995 Chairman of the Social Democratic Party
- March 1995 – May 2001 President of the Party of European Socialists
- 1985 – 1993 Chairman of the Rhineland-Palatinate
association of the Social Democratic Party